a compilation of products, furniture, jewelry, architecture and artists that float our boat.
eye
candy

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Powell Peralta Classic Bones Brigade Boards



Propaganda was the first real skate video I ever watched. My friend Rick had it and we watched it over and over again. The first part went to Frankie Hill and it blew me away. And in an era when 'enders' didn't exist, his mute grab over the huge grass gap will always be one of my favorite best last tricks.

Powell Peralta is re-releasing old decks from that era. Above are some of the ones I remember best. L to R: Frankie Hill, Ray Barbee, and Mike McGill. The decks wouldn't really mean anything to someone who didn't grow up with them. But I love them, with their weird shapes and graphics. They help me remember what skating was like back when I was 11 years old - pure fun.

2 comments:

  1. Magnifique!!
    trop de souvenirs!!
    Quel plaisir!!
    Putain que le temps passe vite!!!

    ReplyDelete

We've been getting some spam comments in the past few months, and so have turned on comment moderation, but if you are a real, live person not touting drugs, we'll get your comment up, asap! Also, comments left under user names that are obvious spam keywords (some recent ones: dining room tables, organic baby cribs) will be deleted. Thanks!