a compilation of products, furniture, jewelry, architecture and artists that float our boat.
eye
candy

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Working Proof: Julia Pott - Whale Hill



Love our newest print over at The Working Proof - Whale Hill, by Julia Pott. Julia is an awesome artist, and in a one-liner description on her twitter account, she says "I draw aggressively cute and I'm heavily into sugar." I love this description of her work - there's definitely an intensity and energy in her art, but at the same time there's an innocence and lightheartedness. Julia says about Whale Hill:
"I wanted to create an atmospheric world that was inspired by English beach towns. While I was creating the piece, it was brought to my attention by a few people that I’m not very good at sharing things (whether it be my dessert or lending someone a book), so I created the fox as a version of myself, keeping the houses and ponies to himself."
There's a ton of detail in this print - from the stars in the night sky, to the hatched landscape, to the knit pants on the fox (so awesome!). This is an inkjet print on archival 192 gsm paper. Each was signed and numbered by the artist. 15% of each print sold will be donated to Transportation Alternatives.

Buy the print here and read our interview with Julia here.







No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been getting some spam comments in the past few months, and so have turned on comment moderation, but if you are a real, live person not touting drugs, we'll get your comment up, asap! Also, comments left under user names that are obvious spam keywords (some recent ones: dining room tables, organic baby cribs) will be deleted. Thanks!