a compilation of products, furniture, jewelry, architecture and artists that float our boat.
eye
candy

Friday, August 27, 2010

Jim LePage - Word



My mom sent me this link, and I thought it was pretty cool - in a project called Word, Jim LePage is illustrating all of the books of the Bible.
"Basically, Word is a series where I create original designs for each book of the Bible. Before each design, I spend time researching the book, finding out the themes, historical context, weirdest stories, etc. I also scan through parts of the book looking for a passage or story that could translate into a cool design. Each design isn’t meant to completely represent the book, rather it is merely based on a passage from the book."
It's an ongoing project, and so far Jim has a little over 30 illustrations done. I look forward to seeing the full set some day.

1 comment:

  1. wow, this is a great, fresh way of looking some of passages from the Bible!!

    ReplyDelete

We've been getting some spam comments in the past few months, and so have turned on comment moderation, but if you are a real, live person not touting drugs, we'll get your comment up, asap! Also, comments left under user names that are obvious spam keywords (some recent ones: dining room tables, organic baby cribs) will be deleted. Thanks!