a compilation of products, furniture, jewelry, architecture and artists that float our boat.
eye
candy

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Sandra Backlund



Today and Tomorrow reminded me of Sandra Backlund's amazing knitwear. She has a new collection out - Last Breath Bruises. Sandra takes knitting to a whole new level, creating complex, sculptural pieces through her heavy wool collage knitting technique. From the artist:
I am really fascinated by all the ways you can highlight, distort and transform the natural silhouette of the body with clothes and accessories. I build my garments by hand from a couple of basic bricks which I multiply and attach to each other in different ways to discover the shape that I want. In that sense I approach fashion more like a sculptor than a tailor.

1 comment:

We've been getting some spam comments in the past few months, and so have turned on comment moderation, but if you are a real, live person not touting drugs, we'll get your comment up, asap! Also, comments left under user names that are obvious spam keywords (some recent ones: dining room tables, organic baby cribs) will be deleted. Thanks!