a compilation of products, furniture, jewelry, architecture and artists that float our boat.
eye
candy

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fishing with Flair



Fishing will always be one of my favorite things to do. I've been spin casting since I was a little kid with my Dad and brother. And last year I got to learn how to fly cast out west. I have to say that fly fishing is a lot more fun. It's like driving a stick shift vs. an auto transmission (I actually can't drive stick, but I think that's what it would be like. If you can do all four of these things, let me know if I'm right).

Field and Stream Magazine put together a list of the Top 50 Fishing Lures of All Time. The fishing lure is another example of form following function, but with flair. The flair comes with good reason: fish like to eat flashy things. The Hula Hopper (left) and the Terminator T-1 Spinnerbait (right) are both really beautiful objects, suitable to be shown in a shadowbox on your wall.


Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been getting some spam comments in the past few months, and so have turned on comment moderation, but if you are a real, live person not touting drugs, we'll get your comment up, asap! Also, comments left under user names that are obvious spam keywords (some recent ones: dining room tables, organic baby cribs) will be deleted. Thanks!