a compilation of products, furniture, jewelry, architecture and artists that float our boat.
eye
candy

Monday, September 18, 2006

Timbuk2 since 1989


Timbuk2 has been making original messenger bags since 1989. I've owned the same one since 1998 and I still use it every single day. I've tried out other bags thinking it was time to try something new, but I always come back to the timbuk2 messenger because it really does function far better than any other bag I have owned, especially for city living.

They recently introduced the 'single speed' collection which are softer, crunchier versions of the bags. I checked it out at Paragon Sports and found that the single speed versions are much heavier than their cordura/nylon cousins. The big difference is that the single speed versions don't have the waterproof tarp layer!! One of the major pluses for the bags is that even without an umbrella, you can wear them out in the rain. I never worry that my lumix, psp, or sketchbook will ever see a drop of water.

I always think it's time to order a new custom messenger, but I don't know if it's time to retire my first Timbuk2 bag because it probably has another 10 years of life left in it.

The best place to pick up a stock version of the timbuk2 bags is eBags.com, keep an eye out for their 20% promotions and pickup a bag you'll feel weird without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've been getting some spam comments in the past few months, and so have turned on comment moderation, but if you are a real, live person not touting drugs, we'll get your comment up, asap! Also, comments left under user names that are obvious spam keywords (some recent ones: dining room tables, organic baby cribs) will be deleted. Thanks!